Saturday, September 11, 2010
I remember 9/11
All to well, I remember 9/11. I remember because just a few days before the World Trade Center was destroyed by terrorists, I toured the building and walked the sidewalks of NYC. What a surreal day it was for me. I had arrived home from NYC on September 10th. I came back from NYC a little stressed because my Regional Sales Manager was coming in from Houston to work with me. I picked him up to head out for the day, we went on a sales call at a business in Norman and the TV was on. They were repeatedly showing news footage of the plane flying into the World Trade Centers. It was a moment I will never forget. The feeling in my gut was absolutely unnerving. There was no more sales calls to make because people were absolutely glued to the Television. Mark, my Regional Sales Manager's father worked in the pentagon. I sat in the car with him as he desperately tried to reach his mother to make sure his father was safe. Thankfully, he was. Then, the phone calls started coming into my phone. Friends and family were calling to make sure that I had made it home from NYC safely. Rod and I weren't married at the time, but we were friends and "gym buddies". I went to the gym after work to find him there. He too made me feel special that he had been concerned as to whether or not I made it back safely. The 9/11 anniversary serves as a reminder to me that you never know what can happen in a day's time! This day serves as a reminder that there are people out there who have no regard for human lives and they are hurting innocent people every day. Today, I remember the tragedy. May those who lost loved ones feel the love and comfort from the Lord above. Psalm 23:4....you rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment