Do you ever just feel like you're in a pit and you can't seem to get yourself out? Well, I've definitely been there recently. I'm overwhelmed with being a mommy...the house is a wreck, the kids are out of control, tantrums all day long, someone constantly needs a snack, drink, or a diaper changed...it's always something. In turn, all of these things send me spiraling downward into "THE PIT". The pit of self-pity, the pit of I'm not good at this job, the pit of searching for answers that I'm never going to find in earthly things. The list could really go on and on, because it's a very deep pit. I'm not "down in the dumps"...it's not something that people can see on the outside. In my heart though, I know I'm in "THE PIT". I know when my heart is out of check and out of balance.
It's naptime for Reid and rest time for Noah and normally I would spend the entire time occupying myself on the computer, cleaning the house, or talking on the phone, cooking, anything to keep myself busy. Today, I felt an overwhelming calling from the Lord. He said, come spend some time with me and let's talk. So, I went into my quiet and dirty bedroom and took the much needed time to just sit at the feet of Jesus and pray. I poured out my heart of frustration. Then I turned to a devotion book and the holy spirit spoke very loudly through the writer of the book....the devotion was about finding joy even in the midst of difficult circumstances. While circumstances could certainly be worse, sometimes just being a mommy and dealing with kids temperaments can be "difficult" circumstances (for me it can anyway..it can rock my world!). Can anyone else relate? Then I turned to Hebrews and read God's word, after all, that is the only place that I can truely find answers on how to get out the PIT. Here's what I read...in Hebrews 12:1 ....and let us strip off every weight that slows us down and easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish. Oh....that was so refreshing to me today! I was thirsty and tired and that was just the drink that I needed to encourage me to climb up out of this funky pit of negativity. I also realize that the things and people that I reach for to give me encouragement every day...things like friends, exercise, the computer, Rod, my family, my boys....just don't do it for me. I have to go to God..he's the only one who can truely understand me and meet me with strong enough arms to lift me up out of the PIT. I felt compelled to share this on the blog today. It encourages me just to type out my feelings. I hope this can encourage you too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So, I don't know about having "mom" responsibilities, but I do know how easy it is to fall into the pit of negativity. Thanks for sharing the uplifting scripture.
Post a Comment