Thursday, August 19, 2010

Robbers Cave

We took a weekend trip to Robber's Cave State park.  We stayed in a cabin and did lots of fun outside stuff.  The cabins were cute and rustic, but full of bugs.  Rod thought they were great...I was a little grossed out, but quickly got "over myself".  I laid there awake most of the entire first night because I kept hearing something rustling around under the bed or in the wall. I was convinced that there was a rat roaming around the room or in the wall.  Rod thought I was crazy the next morning, because of course, he didn't hear anything.  The next night I heard the noise again and said "see Rod there it was"...he said "what noise...my heel going across the blanket?"  Ugh....I think he needs a pedicure!  Yes...that's what I kept hearing all night long.  So, not much sleep for me, but I still had a blast with Rod and the boys.  We rode paddle boats, did some fishing (didn't catch anything), and climbed rocks at the cave. I had forgotten how beautiful it is there...the view from the top of the cave is breathtaking!  You forget that you're in Oklahoma when you see the incredible view.   We also spent some special time with my parents.  My dad spends 2 weeks at a time working in the Wilburton area.  He happened to be on his 2 wks of work while we were there, so he came out to our cabin to visit .  My mom rode down there with us so she could see my dad.  The trip was extra special to me.  We lived in Wilburton from the time that I was 8 until I was 13.  It was fun to see the town, check out my old school and see our old house.  We also got to catch up with some old friends.  All in all it was a lot of fun! We hope to go back in the fall and sleep in tents this time....maybe I'll make Rod an appointment for a pedi before we go.. ;)  (he'll never go, but I wish he would ...he really would love one)

No comments: