Rod and I took a little trip to Vegas in April. I planned our getaway in the midst of 2 months of snow and dreary weather...I had to book a trip.....out of here!!! April was the time...Vegas was the place. We actually met up with our friends Chris and Sarah Elliott from Denver. We enjoyed getting to catch up with them over dinner and by the pool. I enjoyed shopping it up with Sarah and her mom. They are my kind of gals...shop shop shop shop! LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! We had dinner at Tao and went to the night club. I sure did have high hopes for a celebrity sighting at Tao, but no such luck. The night club was crazy interesting....we got some good laughs while people watching. I could have stayed there all night and been a fly on the wall, but Rod got bore. Oh...the things that entertain a desperate housewife. What I really like to do is see what people are wearing...some things I like and other things..I think to myself "did they look in the mirror before they left their hotel room..seriously?"..."and I think I look bad in a short dress..hmmm"...it was a good time. The next night we celebrated Rod's birthday at Joe's Stone Crab! We had a delicious dinner. After dinner we went to see La Rev at the Wynn. It was an amazing show. Oh..and one other highlight of the trip was meeting Pete Rose and getting the boys an autographed baseball. That was pretty cool...the boys were really excited about their ball. The other cool thing we did was go to the zoo at the Mirage...the view of the animals was incredible. It was "wild" to think that there is such a cool animal sancuary right in the middle of the strip. I am NOT an animal lover..most of you probably know this! However, tigers and lions amaze me...I think they are incredibly beautiful creatures! We did get some awesome pictures. All in all..it was a nice trip for us, but we decided we probably won't do Vegas again anytime soon. It's so busy...and we were kind of "on the go" a lot. We'll opt for a more quiet and relaxing get away next time...well...unless I can talk Rod into NYC ;)
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Vegas Baby
Rod and I took a little trip to Vegas in April. I planned our getaway in the midst of 2 months of snow and dreary weather...I had to book a trip.....out of here!!! April was the time...Vegas was the place. We actually met up with our friends Chris and Sarah Elliott from Denver. We enjoyed getting to catch up with them over dinner and by the pool. I enjoyed shopping it up with Sarah and her mom. They are my kind of gals...shop shop shop shop! LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! We had dinner at Tao and went to the night club. I sure did have high hopes for a celebrity sighting at Tao, but no such luck. The night club was crazy interesting....we got some good laughs while people watching. I could have stayed there all night and been a fly on the wall, but Rod got bore. Oh...the things that entertain a desperate housewife. What I really like to do is see what people are wearing...some things I like and other things..I think to myself "did they look in the mirror before they left their hotel room..seriously?"..."and I think I look bad in a short dress..hmmm"...it was a good time. The next night we celebrated Rod's birthday at Joe's Stone Crab! We had a delicious dinner. After dinner we went to see La Rev at the Wynn. It was an amazing show. Oh..and one other highlight of the trip was meeting Pete Rose and getting the boys an autographed baseball. That was pretty cool...the boys were really excited about their ball. The other cool thing we did was go to the zoo at the Mirage...the view of the animals was incredible. It was "wild" to think that there is such a cool animal sancuary right in the middle of the strip. I am NOT an animal lover..most of you probably know this! However, tigers and lions amaze me...I think they are incredibly beautiful creatures! We did get some awesome pictures. All in all..it was a nice trip for us, but we decided we probably won't do Vegas again anytime soon. It's so busy...and we were kind of "on the go" a lot. We'll opt for a more quiet and relaxing get away next time...well...unless I can talk Rod into NYC ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment